The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories and Other Stories (1980)
- The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories
- Alien Stones
- La Befana
- The Hero as Werwolf
- Three Fingers
- The Death of Dr. Island
- Feather Tigers
- Hour of Trust
- Tracking Song
- The Toy Theater
- The Doctor of Death Island
- The Eyeflash Miracles
- Seven American Nights
- First edition Timescape(?) 1980
- Arrow (UK) paperback edition 1981, reprinted 1984
- Orb trade paperback edition August 1997; cover by Shelley Eshkar & Jan Uretsky
- From the Arrow edition:
Including the Nebula Award-winning story 'THE DEATH OF DR ISLAND'.Fourteen audacious explorations of the fantastic, the magical and the horrific by one of SF's greatest writers.'Humane, outrageous, forever unexpected... Some of the best American short stories of the decade are in this book' -- Ursula Le Guin
- From the Orb trade paperback edition:
A superb collection of science fiction and fantasy stories, The Island of Doctor Death and Other Stories and Other Stories is a book that transcends all genre definitions. The stories within are mined with depth charges, explosions of meaning and illumination that will keep you thinking and feeling long after you have finished reading.
Gene Wolfe has been nominated for a total of nineteen Nebula Awards for his science fiction and has received the World Fantasy Award for Lifetime Achievement. He is also the author of The Book of the New Sun, which has been widely acknowledged a masterpiece of contemporary fiction and reprinted by Tor in two volumes as Shadow and Claw and Sword and Citadel.
"This collection makes his work readily available and makes clear that his is one of the names most to be reckoned with in the literate science fiction of today."
- "Wolfe is simply a superb writer."
--The Washington Post Book World
- "Gene Wolfe is among the best writers working in this century."
--Fort Worth Star-Telegram
- "One of the literary giants of science fiction."
--The Denver Post